cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA extraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I have a somewhat difficult situation I'm in.

I'm supposed to extract data out of SAP R/3 to feed a temporary planning & forecasting tool's database.

The data they need is defined in a report that's made in the KE30 application.

I was going to try to get this data in an excel file (or .csv), by executing a BDC. (to automate this process every month)

However, when you choose "Export..." inside the report, and click Export to XXL (excel), an excel window will open and I'm not sure if this window can be accessed by the BDC program, to save it to a certain location.

My actual question is this one:

How would any of you guys solve this solution?

• Directly accessing the CE1XXXXX tables?

• Using a BDC and the report at hand

• Some Bapi that I don't know of

• Something else

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1- accessing directly the CE* table would definitively be an option but you'll have then to translate the data again with business rules in order to reflect the KE30 report; the nice thing is that you have the TIMESTMP field so changes could be loaded easily.

2- the KE30 report is nothing else than a generated ABAP program (you can see its name in the status bar of you GUI something like GP8FVFIEJLQB459CDN9JKK9I390); perhaps copying this ABAP to your own program and adapt it to post it in a table or having the result in a spool file would be easier.

3- extract to BW ODS; we all know the initial efforts but finally a very stable an robust solution.

In order I woul try with option 2, then I would evaluate BW extraction against R/3 tables... (most likely the BW...)

hope these inputs will help...

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I prefer your 2nd solution as well. I didn't know about this solution so I'm really glad you suggested it. Especially since I'm on a pretty tight schedule.

Thanks for the very fast reply !

Greets

Tim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems to be way harder than I thought it would be.

Is there a general method to just get the data I need?

Or is there some sort of documentation on how to work with these generated KE30 reports?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems to be way harder than I thought it would be.

Is there a general method to just get the data I need?

Or is there some sort of documentation on how to work with these generated KE30 reports?