cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert an IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having an IDOC to File scenario. Due to performance issues we are planning to move to Proxy.

Now what are all the steps needed to convert the sender IDOC into a Proxy.

I have looked into the following blog

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refere this blog for step by step process to create a client proxy:

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

you can try to use the xml structure of the imported idoc to create a new message type in XI and generate proxies for this and fill data into the generated structure in the report program.

Cheer's

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>We are having an IDOC to File scenario. Due to performance issues we are planning to move to Proxy.

Are you sure Sender IDOC is the bottleneck here? I seriously doubt it. IDOC sender adapter is always preferred when the scenario is asynch and a std IDOC is available. We have even gone with extending the standard IDOC for a SAP- XI - DB scenario. Analyse your scenario and find the reason for the performance issue frst. Simply coverting sender IDOC to ABAP client Proxy will not solve the performance issue.

Just my thoughts.

Jai Shankar

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>steps needed to convert the sender IDOC into a Proxy.</i>

It would be quite similar to a fresh development.

Starting with IR:

A message interface should be created. This should have structure similar to that of idoc. Control segment of idoc need not be created.

In ID, as the sender message interface is changed, a new receiver determination step would be needed. No sender agreement required.

At sender, u need to write some ABAP code to trigger the porxy. U may refer to any client proxy doc.

Regards,

Prateek