cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of "Scorecard" to "Derived Scorecards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

In my company, we have implemented scorecards in our SEM. They have been created as simple scorecards - each one as a copy of a sample scorecard. Afterwards we have found out that it would have been possible to create them as "Derived Scorecards", and hence save a lot of maintenance work. Does anybody know if it is possible to establish the connection between the scorecards, and convert them to "Derived Scorecards"?

Thanks in advance

Carsten B. Dahl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you very much Ganesh Shankar for your answer.

Do you know if is is possible to convert the scorecards we have allready created to "derived Scorecards", or do we have to make new ones?

Best regards

Carsten B. Dahl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since Derived Scorecards are made following a "template" Scorecard ( = a normal one), I think you will have to make new ones... but it is worth doing it!

1 - create the future template scorecard. <b>Keep it empty for the moment.</b>

2 - create your derived scorecards.

3 - Add to the template scorecard all the elements you will have in your different derived scorecards. A pop-up will appear where you will be able to choose in wich derived scorecard this element should appear.

(Note that it will be possible to change these settings via context menu in the template scorecard.)

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeoffrey Dewever

Thank you very much for your answer. Now I know how to proceed . .

Best regards

Carsten

former_member588240
Contributor
0 Kudos

Derived Scorecard is created by using another scorecard as a template, and then making user-specific adjustments. The referenced scorecard should not be a derived scorecard.

At the time of creation of scorecard, the derived scorecard type should be selected so that automatically all the settings are transferred from the template.

CPM Variables help to simplify the maintenance of a scorecard. In the context of a scorecard, you can centrally change all scorecard elements that use the same variable in just a few steps.

Once you make a change in the original scorecard, the derived scorecards will also change automatically, saving the maintenance work.