cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controls on pc can not be activated not registered

Former Member
0 Kudos

I modified a previous xcelcius designer 4.5 powerpoint on my desktop computer and saved it as a powerpoint file. It works fine on my desktop when I pull it up in powerpoint. However, it will not work when I pull it up on my lab top computer. The message I get is "Some controls on this presentation can't be activated. They might not be registered on this computer."

How do I fix this problem. Also, my old powerpoint with xcelcius slides work fine. I tried the latest hotfix and that did not solve the problem.

Please advise. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using Xcelsius 2008 and having a similar problem. I can export the file and open it fine on my laptop. However, if I add the file to InfoView and then try to open it on my laptop, I get the dreaded "Some controls on this presentation can't be activated. They might not be registered on this computer." message. Also, any user I send the file to gets this message. I have verified I have the latest version of Flash. I am running Xcelsius 2008 SP1, FP3 (latest and greatest). Any help would be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a Flash Player issue. Ensure that the PC running the PPT has the latest version of Flash Player in Internet Explorer. That should fix the problem.