cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling BPS0 access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BPS experts,

If a user is allowed to configure the planning item in para groups, is there are way to restrict what planning items he/she can change/edit/delete/insert?

Another doubt is why is it not possible to restrict users to their own infopackages when given access to trigger infopackage via rsa1? Seems very risky that other users can trigger ANY infopackage is it not? Same question I need to ask applies to BPS0. Although, I understand there are objects to control bps. Just need to clarify on how to restrict users from changing the bps planning items config and infopackages.

regards,

Adette

• This post is set as a question.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Adette

You can restrict I suppose by Creating a role for Planning:

R_AREA

R_BUNDLE

R_METHOD

R_PACKAGE

R_PARAM

R_PLEVEL

R_PM_NAME

R_PROFILE

R_STS_SUP

R_WEBITF

S_RS_ICUBE

Have a look at this objects.

You can restrict by Infousrce but I am not sure about Infopackage.

I hope this can help you.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Everyone and Mike,

If I restrict the Planning Area, does it mean the planning level is implicitly restricted since its under planning area, i.e top-down?

Also, is planning function assigned to Level & Para Grps only? how about package? How is Function related to Para Grps?

Hope you can advice.

regards,

Adette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, if you are restricting plan area, all objects under the plan area are restricted.

Planning function you create for planning level and that function is operated on the data selected through planning package.

Planning function provides a type of operation you want to perform (e.g copy, repost) and using parameter group you can define the data that you want to operate on (e.g copy from 2005 to 2006)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SEMBPSBW,

thanks for the your useful info. points awarded!

I have many packages. So, I presume whenever I execute a function, I must specify one of the available packages?

best regards,

Adette

Former Member
0 Kudos

You got it

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also create planning profiles