cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consume Webservice in ABAP on 4.6C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are running a webservice on a Enterprise-Portal. Now we want to use that webservice from within an ABAP-program. Unfortunately the release is 4.6C.

Is it possible to consume webservices using ABAP on that release, and if so, how would I do that?

Thanks and regards

Jan Hempel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

to call a web service from abap check this blog:

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/05/13/calling-webservices-from-abap-via-https

regards,

Hemendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thanks for Your answers. Unfortunately these blogs only cover WAS620 and 640. But I'm trying to call a webservice from within R3 4.6C. Is this possible or do I necessarily need a WAS620/640?

Thanks

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes you can consume webservice in R3 4.6C. i am not sure , but for that you have to implement its functionality as a function module and then call it via RFC from your 46C R/3 system.

also check for 46C R/3 systems User Exit in the QM Inspection Lot Maintenance Application.

kindly check these weblogs again.

it will help you lot.

regards,

Hemendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks again. The problem is: The webservice allready exists, it is written in Java and running on a J2EE-Server (Enterprise Portal).

Now I want to consume that webservice in a ABAP-program which runs on SAP R3 release 4.6C. I'm not sure that that is even possible. The mentioned blogs are not covering that topic, they require SAP WAS release 620.

regards

Jan

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm afrad that you need an extra webAS. With an RFC you can call the WS then.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

that's bad news, but if there is no possibilty to call the webservice directly from 4.6c we have to get the webAS.

Thanks and regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Have you solved your problem of consuming WebService in

ABAP on 4.6C. Just curious. I have the same problem to solve.

Thanks,

Andrei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as I indicated, I did solve it by using a separate WebAS640. On this machine I wrote function-modules to call the webservice (see Thomas blog for details). From the 4.6C I call these function-modules using remote RFC.

In case that there is no WebAS640 available, there is always the possibillity to communicate with webservices directly on a http-level by using function-modules like HTTP_GET or HTTP_POST. This is of course a lot more low-level, but it should work.

Greetings

Jan Hempel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Thomas' excellent weblog for this:

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/17/bsp-a-developers-journal-part-xiv--consuming-webservices-with-abap

Eddy