Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting BTP Fiori App to Azure SQL Database Without Integration Suite

DhairyaM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I hope everyone is doing well!

I am currently working on a project where I need to connect my SAP BTP Fiori app to an Azure SQL database to push and pull data. However, I want to achieve this without using the Integration Suite.

Has anyone successfully established such a connection, and if so, could you please share the steps or provide any guidance on how to go about it?

Any help or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards, 

Dhairya Maradiya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TimC
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

It depends on how you are able to access the SQL database.  Fiori apps are based upon SAPUI5 (HTML5) which is all client side.  The standard bindings for data are API based e.g. ODATA.

If you need to access a database using ODBC/JDBC and you don't want to use services like integration suite (which would be the most robust and maintainable method), then you could develop a node.js server side app and deploy to BTP Cloud Foundry with standalone approuter and use ODBC/JDBC to allow SQL commands to be issued to the DB (search for node.js ODBC/JDBC packages) to access the data and present it back as REST based API to be consumed by the client side Fiori app.  However, this requires lots of careful consideration around access, security etc.and how you prepare the API