cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confussion in Understanding of Inventory Scanario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have implemented Non Comulative Info cube for inventory in our organization.

I have confustion regarding one scanario.

i have a material code 203100.  on 3-Oct-2013 we have stock of 10 CAR.

Now today is 6-Oct-2013 and we dont have any movement till day from 4 to 6 Oct.

Now when i am seing the stock on 6-Oct-2013. By putting calday = 6-Oct-2013 .

its giving me no stock. as per my understanding it should give me stock of 10 records.

if we dont have activity on any day and i asked for report on that perticular day by putting that day in filter.

its showing no stock. but if we have stock on that day and we are running report by putting that day its giving me right stock.

Can any body help me can we read it or understand it.

Regards

Naeem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You should definitely see your stock value on the 6th october. Your assumption is right. It would make no sense to see zero stock since you do have stock. Make sure you have initialized 2lis_03_BX and _BF properly and the requests are correctly compressed. (with and without marker updates)

hope that clarifies

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys thanks for your help. I think Martin understand my question correctly.

Martin can you please tell me how can i check a existing request for Marker Updates.

WHere is to check a request to confirm is it with marker update or without marker update.

Regards

Naeem

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to understand your scenario with the help of http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-15987

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Deltas of BF and UM datasources should be compressed with Marker update.

To check the same.Right click on your infocube--Manage---Collapse--No marker update checkbox should not be selected.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

AL

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you check the compression logs of your cube you'll see how they got compressed. The compression states with or without marker update.

The request in which the opening stock was loaded must always be compressed with a marker update

The request in which the historical material documents were contained  must always be compressed without a marker update and

Successive delta uploads must always be compressed with marker  updates.

hope that clarifies

Martin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you verify the data with ECC..Go to T-code MB5B and give the same selection which you gave in BI and see what stock value it is giving.

Also check this document related to non cumulative concept.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0fabb26-c999-2e10-dabf-ae7564e42...

Regards,

AL

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For me the behavior looks ok. Non-cumulative concepts is that only, right? Please sit with your Functional MM team and understand the business scenario.