Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about Versions in Portal and NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the scenario:

My Portal is on 7.02 SP11. when i check the http://<hostname>:<portno>/monitoring/ComponentInfo, i see the following are the versions

SAP-EU – 7.02 SP11

SAP-JEE  - 7.02 SP11

SAP-JEECOR – 7.02 SP11

SAP_ESS – 603 SP3

SAP_JTECHF – 7.02 SP11

SAP_JTECHS – 7.02 SP11

SAP_MSS – 600 SP14

SAP_PPCUI_GP – 603 SP2

I log into my NWDI(CMS – Transport Studio – Check in tab), click on track for Ess/Mss, i find the following details:

sap.com_SAP-EU – Release 7.00 SP14

sap.com_SAP_JEE – Release 7.00 SP14

sap.com_SAP_ESS – Release 603 SP 3

sap.com_SAP_JTECHS – Release 7.00 SP14

sap.com_SAP_MSS – Release 600 SP14

sap.com_SAPPCUI_GP – Release 603 SP3

Now, if i import the track from NWDI into my NWDS, customise any ESS components and deploy to my portal, would it cause any inconsistencies due to the version mismatch?

Regards,

J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janan,

I think you'll find that the SCs in the Track are used only for build purposes and are not deployable. You should be building with the same versions as you have deployed on the server to make sure you have no problems when you deploy. Usually after you upgrade the target systems you should also upgrade the tracks with the new version of the SCs... looks like that step was missed in your case.

Hth,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

In my case, since ESS, MSS component versions in NWDI match the portal ESS MSS component versions, this should not cause any problems?

And for the rest of the components - SAP-EU,SAP-JEE - would not cause any problems as i would use them only for build purposes?

How do i upgrade the tracks with new versions of SCs?

Regards,

J

Message was edited by: Janan Mehmet

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's all correct Janan. I think for best practice that you need to create a new track and load the new versions of the SCs then move your custom code into the track and disable the old one.

I hope that helps,

Simon