Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirm end of processing check box in task

former_member212001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my workflow used fork with 2 parallel branches.

In one branch is a dialog activity step ( sending doc to incorportaors for review -  checked the confirm end of processing checkbox in the task )

and in the other branch is a 'Wait for Event' step ( wait for rejection - when status getting changes to 32).

when executing dialog activity with confirm end of processing,branch 1 wait step workitem is getting completed and branch 2 workitem is logically getting deleted and further step in the workflow is not executed in branch 2.

Same changes I am trying to do without confirm end of processing pop up.When I uncheck the check box and execute the dialog activity, branch 1 wait step workitem is getting completed and branch 2 workitem is also getting completed ( instead logically getting deleted ) and further step in the workflow is executed in branch 2. I dont want the remaining step to get executed.

Please let me know how to achieve this. I tried with some function module but its not working.

In the attached file, I have shown the screenshot where it is going wrong.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

I042439
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

Both steps (in both branches) are getting executed by the same activity by the user. Yes, it's a race as correctly mentioned by Mike

As mentioned by Prakash, either you need to restrict REJECTION event creation or you can try an approach mentioned in the following thread:

You can refer to my response in the above thread:

Dated: Feb 26, 2014 (10:25AM) and Feb 26, 2014 (12:59PM)

Regards,

Modak

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

It's a race! Your branch 2 is already executing, and an event is slower because it travels via  application -> RFC -> event receiver -> workflow; therefore branch 2 will complete before the event has arrived.

Various options exist, I would probably go for an asynch task as the best solution. Or you need to pass some info back from the application, or check the state in a subsequent step...

Regards,

Mike

former_member212001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I have already tried with asynchronous and by providing terminating event. Event after that also remaining steps are getting executed.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

If you are using asynch tasks then you need to model the behavior to how you want it to work. i.e. each terminating event has it's own outcome/branch and the followon steps are only in the branch where they are needed.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

The wait for event in branch 1 get triggered when an approver take some action. You need to take following action:

1.) Search for the place where wait event get triggered.

2.) Put some condition during the triggering of wait event in such a way it will not get executed if a workflow approver take some action.

BR,

Prakash