cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configured source directory does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I had configured a sender file adapter and when i check the CC monitoring it gives the message : Configured source directory '/usr/sap/NRD/SYS/global' does not exist. But the directory is in the AL11 of R/3 application server. Iam using the NFS in the File Adapter Communication channel.

Can anyone throw some light reagrding the error.

Thanks,

Kittu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kittu,

<i>i check the CC monitoring it gives the message : Configured source directory '/usr/sap/NRD/SYS/global' does not exist. But the directory is in the AL11 of R/3 application server.</i> - see in sender file adapter, the directory you have put is not in XI but it is in SAP R/3 system......your adapter is in XI so by NFS, you can access XI directory structure only...........so in sender file adapter, just give a directory which is in XI......then save and activate your this comm channel......then your this problem will be resolved.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kittu,

1. With NFS , XI server can acccess only folders available on its OWN local path. It cannot access the Path of your R3 machine. The XI server is looking for the path on its own directories and it is not finding the same.

One option is to mount your Drive on the XI server to some folder. Not something I

would recommend thought.

2. The better thing to do would be,

a) place the file on the XI 's some folder ( you would need a local directory access to the server) or some program to upload the file to the server.

b ) Use FTP. Look into this blog by Shabrish for how to set up a FTP ion your Local Desktop and make XI access the same,

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See here when you give the shared folder address in the file adapter, it will try to locate on XI box shared folder..

But you said it is in R3.. check the server details and the said folder is in shared mode and the access permissions to your user id.

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are using NFS then it willpoint to XI box file floder so use FTP to point to R/3 box or create a shred folder and place the file in XI