cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure/Display Banner for SAP_Information_site Collaboration room

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SAP_information_Site template to create Collaboration room,everything is working fine, except that

the Banner area is displaying blank. I couldn't find an option to edit and add an image or test for the Banner.

How do I configure/display the banner?

This is in Overview page of the room.

Any help is highly apperciated and points will be rewarded.

Thanks,

Vasu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasudevarao,

if you create a collaboration room, for every site using an extension (for example FAQ or Bulletin Board) a new folder is created. This new folder is the store you see in the debugging settings /room_extensions/cm_stores/kind-of-extension/ID....

If you copy the standard-files form the template folder to the room-specific folder, it should work.

Greetings

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

the SAP_Information_Site Room Template is configured so that it copies the templates (documents) saved in the path defined in the "InformationSite_Banner" Collaboration Room Template.

To see this path, you have to go to "Collaboration Administration" -> "Collaboration Content" -> "Configure Extension Content Templates" (Related Links).

Usualy this path is /room_extensions/cm_stores/TEMPLATES/InformationSite/Banner and this path is not created by the standard installation, so you have to created manually or change the configuration to an existing path. ;-(

Hope this helps,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the quick repsonse.

It solved my probelm and I am rewarding u full points.

Thanks,

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

After configuring the Banner to the above path, I am able to see the Banner for newly created rooms but not for already existing rooms.Is there a way that I can make the changes applicable to existing rooms?.

Thanks,

Vasu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

if you activate Debugging Settings (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/2c6b2089cc784bb384a7ea058de50d/frameset.htm)

you can see after you click on "Rendering Information" in the banner iView, in the parameter "Folder Settings Resource", the path to the used banner of the current workspace instance of your collaboration room.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I activated the debugging settings and tried testing both the previously created room(before changing banner config.) as well as the room that is created after the banner config and found out from the rendering info. that both point to the same path.

/room_extensions/cm_stores/banner/workspaces/....

But the banner started working only after setting my path to the /room_extensions/cm_stores/TEMPLATES/SAP_InformationSite/Banner.

Any idea?.

Thanks,

Vasu.