cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure DB2/UDB to default Uncommitted Read on an XIR2 AIX installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to read from a mission critical table and will not be allowed to place a read lock on the table for purely retrieval purpose. I located a related case. The answer given was for Windows installation. I foud the db2.sbo file on my system. The DBA instruction is to set a TxnIsolation parameter. I am looking for guidance on where it should go in the db2.sbo file. This file looks to be in xml format.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need to / want to do it that way. Instead add "WITH UR" to the END_SQL parameter in your universe. That way the code travels with the universe, and is not related to any specific configuration file. WITH UR stands for "with uncommitted read" and takes care of what you need. And as you might expect from the name, the END_SQL parameter is used to define some code that goes at the end of every SQL statement sent through the universe.

More details can be found in this FAQ on BOB:

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?p=145708#145708

To get to the parameter, open your universe, select File + Parameters, and then select the Parameter tab. Find the END_SQL entry and type in the WITH UR text shown above, then click the Replace button. If the END_SQL parameter is not currently on the list, you can enter it and click the Add button instead.