Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration Wizard in NW Developer Studio

former_member185837
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In <i>Repository Framework Concepts, 6.1.1 Configuration Framework</i>:

http://etower.towersemi.com/irj/portalapps/com.sap.portal.pdk.km.repositorymanager/docs/rf_concepts_...

I read that <i>configuration classes are built using the PDK Eclipse Plugin "Configuration Wizard"</i>.

I have SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Version 2.0.10, but I can't find this Configuration Wizard. Do I have to install some additional plugin? And where can I get it?

Thanks, Davide

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Davide,

After creating a Portal Application Project when you create a Portal Application Object you will get a option called RF Component Wizard which contains the following wizards

1 - Repository Manager Wizard

2 - Global Service Wizard

3 - Repository Filter Wizard

4 - Repository Service Wizard

5 - Scheduler Task Wizard

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards

Prakash

former_member185837
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

yes I've seen those wizards you talk about. Anyway, I'm looking for the so called <b>Configuration Wizard</b>. With this tool it should be easier to build the <b>configuration classes</b> (basically, XML files, with the extension <u>.cc.xml</u>) defining the set of parameters that a <b>Repository Framework extension</b> needs.

Has someone used this wizard? How can I create a configuration class for my component, apart from editing it manually?

Cheers, Davide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Davide,

You can do that by exporting one of the sample configuration from the portal and change it with your configuration details.

Regards

Prakash

former_member185837
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I see, probably then there doesn't exist such a tool, as no one is using it.

Thanks anyway, Davide

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Davide,

this "wizard" is working in the background. It's not meant to be a UI wizard, but a part of the Export PAR wizard. For details see the PDK documentation, to be found under: Java Development - Portal Runtime Technology - SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Plug-In - Portal Application Development Support of the Plug-In - Creating a ConfigArchive.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Davide,

When you install SAP Developer Studio, also is installed Eclipse and portal plugins.

Is not necessary to install additional products.

Patricio.