Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of Single Sign-On for SAP BI 7.0

kkbonam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know how to configure Single sign-on (SSO) for my SAP BI 7.0 system(includes SAP BI Portal and BEx, IGS, Pre-calculation server) and also the requirements and prerequisites for the same..

My company started SSO implementation for other SAP syatems, SO I would liket to know how to configure and proceed for my SAP BI system.

Please any one respond on this and guide me, also it would be nice if you provide me some step by step kind of documentation on this.

Best Regards,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

your question is a bit difficult to answer with only the info provided. What type of SSO (product and standard) are you using in your company or do you plan to buy one?

For the Web based parts (Web based access to BI 7.0, IGS, SAP Portal) and for SAP GUI based access X.509 certificates will work. You will find ample information about this in the documentation. Other standards may work depending on the SAP NetWeaver system release used to run them.

For BEx it also depends whether you are using BEx-Web or the excel add-in. The Excel add-in can only be used with SSO, when you also enable SAP-GUI for SSO. See also this section in the docs with regards to Bex.

If you are searching for a product, you can have a look at SAP NetWeaver Single Sign-On. There are excellent guides available how to set up SSO in our video manual section.

Kind regards,

Patrick

kkbonam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your response.

We already have SSO license and started implementing for other SAP systems and now we want to implenet for SAP BI system (includes SAP BI Portal and BEx, IGS, Pre-calculation server).

So I'm looking for prerequisites/requirements to implement, if possible can you provide some specific to BI documents on this.

Also we have BEx (excel based) and Web based reporting.

I saw the available documentation, but I didn't find documents specific to SAP BI.

Best Regards,

Kiran

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

please have a look http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-sso/blog/2012/08/17/how-to-configure-sap-netweaver-single-sig...

In this link u will get information, u r looking for.

Kind Regards

Manna Das