cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of LDAP to MS AD Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are planning for Configuration of LDAP to MS AD Server. There are around 35000 portals users are there in portal database. Now we are planning to move to ADS which has the same ids as portal database.

My doubt is:-

1. Is there will be any conflict between ids(as there is same ids are there in

ADS & Portal database).

2. Before starting the configuration do I need to delete the portal database ids.

3.Is there any way disable the portal database and make the AD database avialable

Please help me in this

Regards

Ponnusamy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ponnusamy,

1) In Portal you will not have any conflicts if you use LDAP account and UME account with the same name, but for Portal UME account is primary.

2) If you will use LDAP accounts only and don't need UME accounts make since delete UME accounts. Two type accounts in Portal can live together without any conflicts. It's your choice delete or not delete Portal UME accounts and depend from your needs.

3) To disable Portal database you can't. You can only lock UME account or delete it. Idea disable Portal database don't have deep sence, because UME and LDAP accounts can exist together without conflict.

Tip. If you will use LDAP (Active Directory) you must to know when you will communicate LDAP and Portal in Active Directory OU(Organization Unit) have restricted 5000 accounts in one container.

Regards

Dmitriy

Edited by: Dmitriy Korolev on Aug 5, 2008 3:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GLM & Dmitriy,

Thanks for your reply, I have configured the LDAP successfully. Now i am facing the problem in user ids available in UME & AD.

As I said earlier, there are users available with the same id in UME & AD. when I try to login i am facing the problem user authentication failed. when he try to login with AD password. But when I delete the user from UME and try to login with AD password and i am able to login successfully.

Is there any parameter/ configuration to be done separately to authenticate users only for AD and skip UME database

Please help

Regards

Ponnusamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Is there will be any conflict between ids(as there is same ids are there in ADS & Portal database).

The last time i did that, there werent any issues which i faced

2. Before starting the configuration do I need to delete the portal database ids.

No - you wouldnt have to delete the id's

3.Is there any way disable the portal database and make the AD database avialable

If you select the LDAP as your UME datasource, the users will be able to logon using the uid/pwd which is stored in the LDAP.

Thanks,

GLM