cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration needed for using RSR_OLAP_BADI BADI first time in a project

0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Please help me out in Configuration that is needed for using  RSR_OLAP_BADI BADI first time in a project.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshit,

Please have a look at the following SAP Notes for more information (written for enhancement RSR00002 but generally applicable):

Furthermore, I would like to draw your attention to the latest implementation alternative, a new "kernel-based" BAdI RSROA_OLAP_BADI. Please refer to SAP Note 1488910 - Kernel-based BAdI to improve runtime for more information.

Since you are going to use Virtual Characteristics and Key Figures for the first time, I strongly advise to use the new BAdI RSROA_OLAP_BADI instead of RSR_OLAP_BADI which you mentioned.

Like any other BAdI there are 2 t/codes to know:

• T/code SE18 to look at the BAdI definition;
  • T/code SE19 to create a new implementation.

For a new implementation you have to use t/code SE19. You can refer to the example class CL_EXM_RSROA_OLAP_BADI for an implementation example. Also you can find very useful tips in SAP Note 1717880 - Virtual Key Figures & Characteristics.

So no special configuration to be done, everything should be taken care of in the BAdI implementation.

Best regards,

Sander

0 Kudos

Hello Sander  Sir

Thanks for your reply, the info you have provided is really useful..........

Thanks & Regards

Harshit

0 Kudos

Sir i had a query that i have implemented RSR_OLAP_BADI BADI , it is in active state but still it is not been call at run time when i m executing my query. Sir i have noticed that in our project only enhancement no. RSR00001 is been implemented till now. RSR00002 which is for virtual Char./KF is not been implemented . Can it be a issue why my BADI is not been called.............

I mean is their any relation of this enhancement with our BADI which is also for the same work......

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshit,

First of all thanks for your positive feedback.

SAP developed 3 exit points in the course of time (based on different technology):

• Enhancement RSR00002;
  • Classic BAdi RSR_OLAP_BADI;
  • New BAdI RSROA_OLAP_BADI (Enhancement Spot RSROA).

These exit points are all processed during query execution, i.e. the system will process all exit points sequentially and looks for any active implementation. From a technical point-of-view you can use the 3 technologies in parallel. There are not connected or interfering (if they are implemented correctly of course).

Also Enhancement RSR00001 (Global Variables in Reporting) and RSR00002 are not connected or interfering. E.g. you can continue to use Enhancement RSR00001 and implement BAdI RSROA_OLAP_BADI without any need for implementing Enhancement RSR00001 at the same time.

Please note that also in the area of Reporting Variables there is a new BAdI RSROA_VARIABLES_EXIT_BADI (Enhancement Spot RSROA_VARIABLES_EXIT).

My advise is to choose in the area of Virtual Characteristics and Key Figures for only one exit technology. I would go for the latest technology: new BAdI RSROA_OLAP_BADI (Enhancement Spot RSROA).

Best regards,

Sander

0 Kudos

Hello Sir

Thanks for this valuable information.............

And thanks to Ji for Recommending  Sir fro assisting me..............

Thanks & Regards

Harshit

Answers (0)