cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration for R3 inside EP ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I've tried to implement ESS and MSS inside EP and before installing additional server and support packages I want to be sure...

We have : R3 4.6C (without ITS)

EP last release (we're starting the project)

The connection with R3 is working if we display the SAPgui in the iview (specific iview for test) but we have problem when we start to use MSS iviews (errors happen).

If I understood correctly, it seems ITS is mandatory to have a better display than the standard sapgui.

Am I correct ?

Thank you !

Benoit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

You can I derectly run the r/3 transactions from the Portal itself.

There is no need of ITS.

All you have to do is give the following details in the portal:

1. Log into portal as admin.

2.Go to System Admin.

3.go to system landscape->portal content->create a folder,then right click and create a system.

4.Choose "connector" from the property category tab.

5.give the details fo the r/3 system you want to connect to.

6.save.

7.under the same page,choose the object category,and add the system alias name for the r/3 system you just now created.

8.in the property category->user management->selct UIDPW.

save all the changes.

do this and let me know.

Rgs

vikas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Delporte,

YOu have R/3 version 4.6C? If that is correct then you definitely need ITS for implementing ESS/MSS. Most of the iViews for MSS is completely written in java. If MSS iViews are not working then your system definition is incorrect.

Regards,

Prakash

Vikash & Subrato: Please don't confuse the user with vague and inacurate information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

it is not mandatory with your release but i will suggest you study the properties required for displaying transactions from R/3 by creating an iview based on com.sap.portal.appintegrator,sap provides u with this iviews for application integration whose properties requirement while analysing it through property editor.

With regards

subrato kundu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

Let me know the EP version you are having.

And also the WAS version.

With WAS 640,ITS is fully integrated with the kernal,so ITS is not required.

But with pior relasese like WAS 620,630..ITS is required.

Reply.

Rgs

vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas

We're using EP6 SP9 and WAS 640.

But R3 is not installed on ITS and I though it was mandatory.

Do you say that we can use R3 transactions with webgui or javagui and use "report writer" report without ITS connected to our R3 backend ?

Thank you for your help

Benoit