cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional logic in characteristic filtering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to define conditional filtering criteria in a query, based on characteristics in the selection definition of a structure, without the need to code user exits. For example, the requirement may be to include all data that meets the following criteria:

( ZFUND = 'A'  AND 0COSTELMNT IN EXPENSES) OR (ZFUND NOT EQUAL 'A' AND 0COSTELMNT IN
 ASSET_COSTS)

where ZFUND and 0COSTELMNT are characteristics;
      EXPENSES and ASSET_COSTS are cost element groups

It is easy to include such selection criteria in SQL or MDX. However, the BEx Query Designer only seems to support simple selections based on inclusions and exclusions of characteristic values.

Any suggestions for meeting this requirement?

Thanks,

Mustafa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If I got your question properly, you can use Restricted Key Figs based on the Char Values you defined for and make use of Conditions for the same.

Please be more specific while posting to get right helps.

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aduri,

Unfortunately the use of Restricted Key Figures and Conditions do not meet the requirement. The problem is that the required restriction is based on conditional logic with AND's and OR's based on a combination of characteristic values. Restricted Key figures simply allow the inclusion or exclusion of characteristic values, without the ability to specify operators such as AND/OR.

Conditions do not meet the requirements either because they are only used to check the value of Key Figures, not Characteristics.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We too have Boolean operators that can be executed by creation of formulas/not through RKFs as your are trying

Check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/23/17f13a2f160f28e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

I guess your requirement of Conditions can met through Coding in CMOD .

Try that !!!!!!!!!!!!

Rgds

SVU123

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDBI,

Can you describe an example of how you are using boolean operators? The problem I have encountered is that boolean operators cannot be used in the filter definition of a query.

Thanks,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SVU123,

Of course almost anything is possible with a CMOD. I was looking to confirm if my requirement can be met through standard functionality.

Regards,

Mustafa.