cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition for check & derivation with char.relationship

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to enter combination of 3 characteristics in a layout and run a check relationship in another layout. The purpose of it is to maintain directly in BPS the right combinations. I used relationship with reference data but unfortunately, my combination maintenance layout is also checked with combination. Is there a way with an exit to run check relationship if only a specific characteristic is in the level ?

I want to avoid maintaining my combinations in a specific table.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Jacques,

delete the step of type reference data. Then try to separate the data used for the characteristic relationships from the 'normal' transaction data, e.g. use a special version for this. And you need a key figure

K to get non-zero records in the cube

Create a planning layout that contains the characteristic

you want to check in the step + the version and the key figure K. Use the layout to maintain the combinations and save these records.

Now maintain the step in the characteristic relationships; there use the above characteristics, the key figure K; use the special value for the version in the selection of the step of type reference data.

Regards,

Gregor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gregor,

Thanks for your answer. Users need to do this so I don't think it would be good if we let them access to the customizing.

Do you know a way to deactivate relationship with an exit ?

Thanks