cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comptibility between Redwood 6.02 and Windows Server 2008

former_member160248
Participant
0 Kudos

Can anyone speak to the compatibility between Redwood Cronacle Process Server 6.02 and Windows Server 2008? Any success stories? I am installing a process server on a server of this release for the first time and having no luck. I am unable to start the JCS_servername service. JcsListener and JcsSystemBoot start fine. Thanks.

Kind Regards,

David Carr

Edited by: Basis Team on Mar 15, 2010 7:55 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member160248
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Anton for your reply. Since I last updated this thread I was able to with a little effort install, configure, and test a script against a process server running on Window Server 2008. Since this will probably not be the last example of something that suggests an upgrade I am wondering what is the next logical upgrade step for those of us that are on this full version utilizing many of the functions provided by this version in the area of file events, nonSAP and SAP job scheduling etc. Is there a painless upgrade/migration path for us to the next version? Any insight would be appreciated. I may need to ask this in a new thread as well. Thanks.

Kind Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are migration tools available to go to the latest version of the software, that is from the "standalone" version (6.0.x or 7.0.x) to the integrated version of CPS installed on a Netweaver 7.x Java stack (side note: you should read "SAP CPS for NetWeaver 7.0" as "SAP CPS for [NetWeaver 7.0]", so the "7.0" refers to the NetWeaver version, not to the SAP CPS version).

These migration tools basically create the objects for the new version, based on the contents of your current version of CPS.

The first step would be to have your repository database analyzed by Redwood which allows to give you an indication of the effort involved. You can get in touch with your SAP or Redwood contacts to get this process started.

Given the new architecture, and a series of new functionalities in the integrated version, you probably also want to take into account some update training days or workshops, especially since you are using the full or enterprise version.

Regards,

Anton.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, Windows Server 2008 (R2) is not supported by CPS 6.0.2.

Regards,

Anton Goselink.