cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compression Job cancelled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the compression Job running for a Infocube which holds millions of records. Due to system maintenence this BI_COMP*** job cancelled in the middle. This Infocube already compressed for year 2005 and the records in E fact table has the count 2.5 million. At present the compression ran for the year 2006 and cancelled because of maintenance. I could observe that the E fact table count increased to 3.2 million and the F fact table count remains same, meaning some 2006 records got upated in the E fact table and F fact table also holds all 2006 records. If i reran the compression again for 2006, it will double the entries for already updated records in E fact table. Is there anyway to resolve this problem without deleting the Infocube contents and reload the data.

Thanks

Sreedh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses. I did selective deletion for the year 2006 and reran the compression for 2006. I'm waiting for the compression job to complete and data to be validated. I do have problem with the sales infocube compression as well because of job cancellation (due to maintenance). There is already compression for the sales infocube which was done 6 months back. Up to now sales infocube has request wise data (F fact table) up to last 6 months prior to that compressed data already in E fact table. During these last 6 months compression, the same situvation as explained in above message (fact table contents are same and increase of count in E fact table data). Any solution will be great without deletion of entire infocube contents and reload.

I understand that during maintenance we do not keep the job active but in unexeptional situvation it happened.

Thanks

Sreedh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No otherway than Selective Deletion for the data in E fact table.

raju_saravanan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sreedh

Do selective deletion for 2006 records which is already in "E" table and once again repeat compression for 2006 records.

I think now your problem will get solved

Regards

Saravanan.ar