cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

Component Re-Usability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we use the compnonets in xcelsius more than once.Lets say i am using a tabset, in which i want to use the same list box in all the tabs.How do achieve this functionality.

Regards

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

The components inside a tabset are only usuable in that tab. However, it is possible to have a lable menu and some lines that appear like a tab set. In this way the shared component sits on the main canvas and you have better control over the visibility.

One other thing of not is that the tabset has poor performance issues, so going the other approach tends to work better anyway.

Regards

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide me the steps to implement . Bcz when you map the component to a label component, we use the dynamic visibility,But this will work only one time. I would like to use the same component more than once with different data to pupulate with each tab ,like the list control.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I think you will need to use either a vlookup or a source data component to get your data into a single place.

The following is how you could do this with Source Data Components.

1) You source data for the list is spread over 3 worksheets, source_A, source_B and source_C with the data in cells A1:A10 in each.

2) Create a Source_Data component sdc_A and point its source to source_A!A1:A10 and have it fire when the tab selected is tab 1. Put its destination to Dest_D!A1:A10

3) Create a Source_Data component sdc_B and point its source to source_B!A1:A10 and have it fire when the tab selected is tab 2. Put its destination to Dest_D!A1:A10

4) Create a Source_Data component sdc_C and point its source to source_C!A1:A10 and have it fire when the tab selected is tab 3. Put its destination to Dest_D!A1:A10

You then point your list at Dest_D!A1:A10

Hope this helps

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt solution. I am trying to implement the same. But i am not able to trigger the source data component to the label based menu.

I am using a label based menu and list box. when i use the source data component how do i trigger each of the sdc's according to the label i select,so that i can populate that data into the list box,i am stuck over here.

Thanks & Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I did a quick demo for myself, and the simplist way is to put the 3 sources together so source 1 on a1:a10, source 2 b1:b10, source 3 c1:c10.

If this is the case you cab have a single sdc. The souce would then be a1:c10, the type would be column and the destination would be d1:d10. You list would point to d1:d10. Your label menu would insert its position to e1 and the formula in F1 would be E1-1 (as the SDC works off a base index of 0 while the label menu uses 1 as the first position). On the SCD component in the behaviour tab, you would need to set the selection index to F1.

Regards

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great suggestion to use Labels instead of tabs. This is very helpful and saves tons of time if you are reusing the same components on all tabs. It just cut short my work by atleast 30% to 40 % -;) Can avoid all the hassle of copying and pasting components into different tabs and then aligining them at the same position as the other tabs (and for alignment perhaps there is no quick method at the moment)

Edited by: Naresh Ganatra on Feb 26, 2009 2:44 AM

Answers (0)