cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare Plant Country attribute against Vendor country attribute

0 Kudos

Dear BW Gurus,

I have a query that uses a customized Inventory cube based on the standard 0IC_C03. In my query, I have a selection that restricts several characteritics and 1 key figure. My question is, I need to add a restriction in this selection to check between Country of Plant (0PLANT__0COUNTRY) and Vendor Country (0GN_VENDOR). The problem is that 0GN_VENDOR has no master data. The infoobject 0VENDOR has one. Is there a way to connect 0GN_VENDOR to 0VENDOR? Or is there another way to compare Plant country and Vendor country? I am on BW 3.5 by the way.

Would definitely assign points if useful.

Best regards,

Jake

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jake,

In the update rules you can map the 0GN_VENDOR to the attribute country of 0VENDOR. If the attribute does not show up then use the update routine and select the value from the P or the M table of 0VENDOR.

Bye

Dinesh

0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Thank you for the quick response. If I update the Update rules, I also need to reload the cube right? Unfortunately, this would take a lot of time in our organization. Do you have any solution in the BEx side?

I also found out that 0VENDOR is an attribute of 0GN_VENDOR. I thought of navigating through it, but 0GN_VENDOR has no master data, so no direct connection to 0VENDOR.

Thanks in advance,

Jake

0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Just checked the Customized cube again. It uses the standard datasources 2LIS_03_BX, 2LIS_03_BF, 2LIS_03_UM. In those 3 Update rules, they all map 0GN_VENDOR to 0VENDOR. However, there are still no master data inside 0GN_VENDOR.

Thanks in advance,

Jake

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried to create a Customer exit to compare the Vendor Country attribute against the plant. However, this returns a lot of value and thus SAP automatically "corrects" the selection to the value of # which defetas the purpose.

I am now trying to update 0GN_VENDOR from 0VENDOR. However, I am having a problem. I already read that 0GN_VENDOR is a consolidated InfoObject. I created an update rule based on the 0VENDOR_ATTR. I then created a Full InfoPackage. However, it only updated the DataTarget 0VENDOR, 0GN_VENDOR is not updated. The updated rules are active.

Thanks in advance,

Jake

Answers (0)