cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone know the reason why it's not possible to assign other groups to company groups?

Is there any work around for this, it doesn't make sence?

Thanks and Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

company groups is an attribute in a user's profile. Every user belongs to one company only. A company is not the same thing as a user group.

Company groups make it easier to adminstrate companies. You can either assign the user to a company in the users's profile, or you can assign the user to the group associated with that company.

You can assign roles to company groups, thus making it easy to assign a role to all member of a particular company.

But you have following constraints:

- you can assign company groups to other groups, but cannot assign other groups to company groups

- you cannot change names of company groups

- you cannot delete company groups

hope that can help in understanding what company groups are for.

christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Christoph,

I understand for what company groups are for, what i can't understand, is why, if there is a company group, it's not possible to assign other groups to it, and what this assignment those is to assign to all users on that group, in company profile the company group.

What's the limitation of this?

E.g. Assigning Group A to Company Group X will result in adding to all users profile, on Group A, the Company Group X.

It's like mantaing groups assignments to company groups in a mapping table, and everytime a user are added or removed from a specific group, all that as to be done, is to check on mapping table if this group are mapped to any company group, and if yes, the profile company group for that user will change.

Thanks and Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi christoph

From what i know, if you are having a Group which is in LDAP and not created in Portal then what you are talking is the correct behaviour.

Can you clarify that the company group abt which you are talking abt is a portal group or a LDAP Group?

We have also one company group in one of our portal but that is a LDAP Group.

May be i am wrong but still i will also have a look at this in details. But you also plese verify this..

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible or not to assign groups to company group?

If not, what's the technicall reason for that? Are any work around?

Thanks and Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Have a look at the links below.Its is documented that:

· You can assign company groups to other groups, but you cannot assign other groups to company groups.

· You cannot change the names of company groups. They are fixed.

· You cannot delete company groups.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ea/dcd7ab7b101a49be993986f5191b8f/content.htm

&

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3e/9bd6e9a11fd847a1ca1a5f9ac6ad23/content.htm

Whatever explained yesterday was little bit wrong. I appologise for that. I also tried searching for any workarounds but havent got any..

You can search for Notes. May be you will find something.

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From begining that i know that is not possible to assign groups to company groups (mentioned on online help).

what i doesn't understand, is the reason. For me, this doesn't make any sence.

Can anyone explain me, why is not possible to assign groups to a company group? Is this a technical limitation? What's this technical limitation?

Thanks and Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

What do you mean by Company Groups? As far as i know groups can be assigned to another group.

Are you getting any exception or error?

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi