cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between two portal components

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to call one portal component from other portal component when user clicks on button in jsp.

and how to pass the values from one component to other from server side.any sample code?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Oliver5
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

1. EPCF

2. PRTGuide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We developed two portal components.In the first portal component I have displayed claim number in tableview. when clicks on any one Claim number . I have to call the second portal compenent and pass this Claim number to it.and the second portal component content will display in the place first component.So how to do this in server side code to direct request to the second component.any sample example will help me allot. thanks for reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also looking for the same kind of information. Is there a guide which demonstrates EPCF usage in details ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use EPCF client framework for IView Communication through javascript.The details are present in PDK , under Portal Services->Client Side Eventing.

However if you want do IView communication by writing code in java, ie it would be executed at server side, then that is possible using epcftoolbox service provided by a portal component.

Use epcftoolbox API for communicating between two iViews.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a place where I can see an example of epcftoolbox implementation ?? I am also looking for invoking iViews with parameter passing. How will I go about generating the URL of the iView with parameter so that the iView can be shown ?? Is there a way to invoke one iView from another iView ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can see a document on EPCF toolbox.

<Tomcat Home>webappsirjdocsepcfpapersepcftoolbox.html

If you are still unable to do it, mail me at viveksharma20@hotmail.com.

Vivek