cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commands that can be entered in the 'Command Field'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Does anyone know all commands that can be entered in the 'Command Field'.

I am interested in the commands that start with &. For example &sapedit, &vexcel, &vgrid; etc. (OR commands such as PRFB; etc.)

Just curious, where all these commands are stored?

Thanks

Naved

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naved,

ok-codes like "&sapedit" are hidden functions (Easter eggs), which you'll not find in GUI-Status,

for developers or people, who can read and understand the source code and <b>not</b> for normal users.

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now that is what I was wondering. Seems like an inside employee of SAP 😛

Easter eggs...wonderful. And I already got a taste of it, if not used carefully.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what does &sapedit do and how do u use it? I tried entering it and it does not seem to do anything!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I think we can start our own little collection of Command Fields:

1)SE16n &sapedit

2)SE16n &vexcel

3)SE16n &vgrid

4)CMOD PRFB

5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto se16n (4.7)

enter table name

type &sap_edit <hit enter>

hit F8.

You will see an extra icon on ALV grid...

Good Luck

nablan_umar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naved,

Command PRFB is not a system command in transaction CMOD. It is being processed within CMOD program SAPMSMOD. It is not defined in the PF-status but the program check for it. You can look at form FUNCTION_KEY_1010 of SAPMSMOD.

Another thing you can do is to do debugging in system debugging. It will step thru the system code before calling the real program. To set the system debugging, click on Setting while debugging, and then set the System Debugging. Save it. The next time you on debug mode, it will go thru system program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nablan,

It is amazing stuff... I enabled and then disables the system debugging... It is a nice feature... I need to play with it little more.

Naved

P.S. I am getting into OO ABAP, and wrote first 'Hello World' with help of a post in this forum...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Come on people we can add more to the list...

1)SE16n &sap_edit

2)SE16n &vexcel

3)SE16n &vgrid

4)CMOD PRFB

5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naved

pls can you tell me, something closer to &vexcel and &vgrid?

I tried it but unsuccesfull ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Naved, i'm having the same issue that Radim about the &vexcel and &vgrid commands.

Thanks in advance...

nablan_umar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naved,

When you are on that transaction screen, for example running your report in se38, click on pulldown System->Status. You will see a popup of information about the program. Click on GUI status column to see the list of command available to that program.

The system commands are not always the same. It is depending on what program you are running. To find out the command available do as above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nablan,

I tried your suggestion. I noticed that it lists some commands but not all.

Foe example, if I am in CMOD tcode; I clicked on GUI Status but nowhere I saw Command 'PRFB'.

According to a post in SDN, in CMOD tcode; by entering PRFB in the command field a list of all field exits are displayed.

Similary, in SE16n; there are field commands like &sapedit, &vexcel and &vgrid...

Please shed light on this,

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nablan,

I may be asking for something more , but is it possible for you to share the list of such functions or if you can guide us from where we can get this.

that was really amazing

rajiv gupta

rajivguptais@yahoo.com

nablan_umar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They are depending on where you run the program. For example when you do system debugging on your report program using SE38, at the selection screen it will go thru system program <SYSINI>.