cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Line Shortcut to Logon to SAP via GUI

joseph_flesche
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have been using the following command line to log on to SAP for quite some time. Using this functionality saves me a ton of time when logging into different instances of SAP.

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\sapshcut.exe -system=XXX -client=100 -user=UserName -pw=password -language=EN

Up until yesterday, I was using this without any issues. Now when I try to log on, I am getting the following message.

When I click ok, I get the following screens.

I have tried to enter the System Description (-sysname) and GUI Start Parameters (-guiparm) without any success.

Help menu shows the following, but can't seem to figure out what this command is missing.

Any suggestions on how I can get this working again?

I am using SAP Logon GUI 750.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It works in my system, from Windows console, but only if use double quotes around the path:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\sapshcut.exe" -system=XXX -client=100 -user=UserName -pw=password -language=EN

Try to remember what has changed since yesterday. Windows upgrade? SAP GUI upgrade? Did you change your password? (be careful with special characters)

joseph_flesche
Discoverer
0 Kudos

sandra.rossi,

Thank you for the reply. I am using the double quotes, I just did not include it in the original post.

We have been getting quite a few Windows updates this week. So that may be part of the issue.

I don't recall getting an SAP GUI update, but then again, I never really took note of the version. What version are you working on?

I have NOT changed my password. I can logon by double clicking on the entry in the logon pad. So it is not a password issue.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My SAP GUI is 7.60 (7600.1...)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know what is the problem, but also try -guiparm (or abbreviation -gui) as explained in note 103019. For instance:

-gui="/R/<sapsystemID>/M/<messageserver>/G/<group>"

Could you also show in the SAP GUI options what is the path to "saplogon.ini" (it's obsolete, it should be a SAPUILandscape XML file now). Could you display the relevant data from saplogon.ini and from this XML file.

View Entire Topic
joseph_flesche
Discoverer

I ultimately figured this out. The syntax that I used for SAP Logon version 770 is as follows.

START "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\sapshcut.exe" -system=XXX -client=XXX -user=XXXXXXXX -pw=XXXXXXXX
johlee66
Discoverer
0 Kudos
perfect solution,thanks Joseph!