Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Products to show as a column.

former_member297636
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a business requirement to display the Sales or Quantity of Products sold/Shipped to customers by state, some of these products are also sold as Packs by combining 2-3 Products together (For Ex : Pack A and Pack B in the attachment), I want to get the total sales of Pack A and Pack B displayed alongside other Products.

Pack A should return a sum of Delta, Indigo and Oscar

Pack  B should return a sum of Alpha, Bravo and Echo

Please refer to the example in the attachment .

Thanks

GD Bhatt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a variable using if statement like below

Pack = if [product] inlist (Delta, Indigo, Oscar)  then "packA" else if  [product] inlist ( Alpha, Bravo and Echo ) then "packA"

Then just use this variable in your table which will show up the desired results

former_member297636
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mishra,

Thanks for your reply.

The If else statement would help me in nesting the three products and the variable when applied to the report will identify the individual products based on the statement defined(Please see the file attached, this is how I'm getting the results when applying the variable to the report). However, I'm looking to get a SUM of those three products in Pack A and Pack B.

I want to define a variable named "Pack A"  and define a formula that tells webi to add Delta, Indigo and Oscar and give me the total, i can then drag the variable to the report and get the combined value of three products.

Sorry , if i couldn't explain it clearly earlier.

Thanks

GD Bhatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the process you mentioned should work for you..

Is there any other issue you are facing in this?

former_member297636
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mishra,

If statement that you are suggesting does not specify the report to SUM/ADD Delta, Indigo and Oscar. It is assigning these products to "Pack A". Whereas, i need to be able to add the three Products and create a separate column called Pack A that in the background is a sum of Delta, Indigo and Oscar.

Similar logic for Pack B and C and so on.

You know what i mean.

Thanks

GD Bhatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

just create two variable pack A and use it for pack a column ans similiarly for pack b...

the aggregation sum or add should have been defined for the measur in universe layer

PackA = if [product] inlist (Delta, Indigo, Oscar)  then [measure]

Let me know if you still face issue ..

former_member297636
Participant
0 Kudos

What does "then [Measure]"  mean ?

sorry didn't quite understand the statement .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Measure here will be the number object from universe with Aggregation layer defined that you want to SUM and show in the pack A and Pack B bucket... like Revenue , sales , Booking

former_member297636
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mishra,

It doesn't work for me, did you try it out, do you get the required output ? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide some sample data with the desired output to replicate your exact scenario..

Logically speaking this formula and approach should work for you..

Answers (0)