cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column Report with Data in Group Header or Footer Only - No Detail

0 Kudos

I am attempting to create a two column report for printing labels.  It must be grouped by patient name then patient encounter number.  The data must print in the second group header or footer, not in the Detail section.  I have completed the following steps:

1. Start blank report.
  2. On the Report menu, click Section Expert.
  3. In the Section Expert > Details section > checked Format with Multiple Columns
  4. Clicked the Layout tab and set the Width of the column
  5. Set the Horizontal and/or Vertical gap to be maintained between each record in the column.
  6. In the Printing Direction area, checked Across then Down.
  7. Checked Format Groups with multiple column.

I cannot add data items or a text box to the second column which is grey.  I am only getting data in the first column. The second column is empty.

What am I not understanding or doing wrong?  I am beginning to think I cannot group data with multiple columns.  The only other option I can think of is conditionally surpressing the Details section using formulas and variables.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

That's right, you cannot add items in the gray area. This is multi-column report so that space is reserved for the columns that appear beside the 1st column.

To make sure each group starts as new columns try this:

Go to the Section Expert > Select Group Footer 1 > Check "Print at Bottom of Page"

Let me know how this goes!

-Abhilash

0 Kudos

Hello Abhilash,

I checked "Print at Bottom of Page" for Group Footer 1.  I still have no data in column two.  I don't care if a new column is not started with each group.  I just want two columns of data so I can print on label paper.  The data must be grouped so I get only 1 label per encounter.

MRB

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you also send a screenshot of the Layout Tab (Section Expert > Details Section > Right side panel)?

-Abhilash

0 Kudos
abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try reducing the Width in Detail Size section?

-Abhilash

0 Kudos

Oh my word!  I changed it from 4.00 (which matched what the label wizard used for Avery 5161 labels) to 3.95.  It worked!  Thank you so much, Abhilash!!!

Answers (0)