cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coloring bars on Bar Chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to create a bar chart to display project completion status. The length of the bar will indicate the percentage completed of the project. I have this working based upon the percentage entered into a spread sheet. I need to find a way to color the bar based upon whether the project is on time (green), at risk (yellow) or behind schedule (red). I can enter a value for the different status colors (ie:green=1, yellow=2, red=3) in the spread sheet. Is there a way to accomplish this. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

alerts are based on the values in the chart so I don't think you can do what you describe...

Edited by: Steve Fowler on Jun 7, 2010 9:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to options to archive that:

1) With the standard Alerting functionality of the bar chart.

Make sure you enable alerts "by value" and also check the mark "use a range". Bind that range to a table in your excel where you have set the values for the different color status (1, 2 or 3)

2) There is a component from the Xcelsius innovation center called "Task Chart", take a look at it:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/innovation-center?rid=/webcontent/uuid/50777207-2ef1-2b10-5ba2-b4afd5... [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor. I am not sure how to 'check the mark "use a range"'? I do not have a box labeled 'use a range' to check. I have 2 seperate values I am dealing with. The first is the percentage that the project is complete (example: 65%). This value is used to create the bar on the graph. The 2nd value is a value (1, 2 or 3) that needs to be used to color the percentage bar on the graph based upon whether the project is on-time (1 - Green), at risk (2 = Yellow) or behind schedule (3 = Red). I can get the color to change based on the percentage of the bar but this is not what I need.

Examples:

this project is 75% complete but is at risk so it should be a yellow bar at 75%

this project is 30% complete and is on schedule so it should be a Green bar at 30%

this project is 75% complete and is late so it should be a Red bar at 75%

Is this possible to accomplish? Thanks for your help!