cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Scheme - not holding - reverting to default

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem where I have have created a customized color scheme. I have built the dashboard with many components with the color scheme across all off them. Then, after several days, upon opening, the color scheme has reverted to the default associated with the theme.

This has happened with me several times on different dashboards and cause much rework.

Not sure if this is related, but I also get messages when opening that "Server Busy - ask me to switch or retry for to open Excel." I usually hit retry and it opens.

Ken Jones

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running service pack 4. I am refering to the color schemes that apply to all the components. So, not the colors applied to the spreadsheets.

However, you do have a point about colors supported in excel2003. I would assume the RGB combinations I am entering are supported in excel 2003. It seems like the scheme holds for a while, but reverts at some point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I doubt that's an issue. One approach you might try, which I do on our dashboards, is to create a color scheme section in the speadsheet and then bind your components to the appropriate cell. Ie, I'll have a column of descriptions, such as 'chart line - actual', 'chart line - target', 'panel background', etc. In the next column over, I have the corresponding RGB color for that item - eg '(185,205,229)'. Make sure that the column containing the RGBs is formated as Text, so that Excel doesn't try to interpret the cell as a formula. Then when configuring a component - say a bar chart - I'll bind each series to the appropriate RGB cell.

When I'm creating a new dashboard, I copy in my color scheme definitions into Excel right at the start and then use them as I'm working with the components.

I haven't had any issues with unusual behavior with this approach - might be worth a try.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you referring to colors of cells within the spreadsheet? I found under previous versions of XC that it only supported the color palate available in Excel 2003. If I used a color from the Excel 2007 palate that wasn't available in the Excel 2003 palate, I would get the warning messaage you've described after closing and reopening a dashboard.

I believe this issue has been addressed in the latest service pack (SP4 that came out in June). Which service pack are you using?