cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collaboration tools

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running EP6 SP2 patch 3.

If I select the details option for a document in the portal KM repository, then the resultant pop-up window includes a Collaboration menu item that allows me to give feedback or write a review.

When I do the same for a document stored in a meeting room then I do not get the collaboration menu, and the other menu items also omit collaboration type options.

Is this by design, or are we missing something in our portal configuration?

Regards

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

your are comparing two different repositories. I'm not sure about the first you are talking of, but I expect you to think about "/documents". (Both repositories are CM repositories.)

Documents store in rooms are stored in the repository "roomStoreCm".

Check them under: System Administration - System Configuration - Knowledge Management - Configuration - Content Management - Repository Managers - CM Repository.

For the first, different collaboration repository services are activated, like feedback, comment... for the latter they are not.

That's all.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Implemented this, adding comment, feedback and rating services to roomStoreCM.

We now find that creating a New Task throws a java error

On dev server it is:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError

at

com.sap.ip.collaboration.asyncui.impl.taskui.TaskNewControl.onCreateTask(TaskNewControl.java:854)

etc

And on live server:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

at

com.sap.ip.collaboration.asyncui.impl.taskui.TaskNewControl.onCreateTask(TaskNewControl.java:854)

etc

We were able to create new tasks prior to this change, and have not made any other changes to the portal configuration.

Any help would be appreciated.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

before deeper investigation, I would recommend a "massive patch" 3 --> 4 --> 27. The same with CM.

Best regards

Detlev

Answers (0)