cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO-PA Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fellows,

I just generated an account based CO-PA data source in the source system. The DS is active and is error free, but when I try to extract records in RSA3, it says "Error occured". In the application log it says "No source could be found to answer the search query". It doesn't say anything more than that. Any idea what may be the problem

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Thanks for your feedback the error is gone..summarization level st up was the problem.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I am facing a similar issue with the account-based COPA extractor.

Initially got the same Error message: "No source could be found to answer the search query".

Requested the COPA team to maintain the summarization for all charactereistcis as "*" except for Controlling area. Also rebiuld the summarization.

But now the above error message is gone but the number of rows returned in RSA3 are 0.

This appears to be quite similar to what issue you had faced.

Any help/feedback/suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, all the fields are in summ. level. In the meanwhile I created summarization level in the source system and it is active with data in it. Now the issue is that in RSA3 I see 0 records (the earlier error is gone) selected and summarization level has 64 records. Also in report KE30 I can see those records. Cant extract from BW either. Any idea??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the earlier error has gone, did you try with the new datasource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephanne:

We need all the characteristics from the datasource in the summarization level in tx KEDV, however few char that are in data source are missing here, I am thinking do I have to add additional missing char. here or does the CO-PA guy set it up. Because in KEDV, the summarization level was generated by itself and I really did not choose any char. to be included there. I also cannot find any button to add additional missing char.here(in KEDV). I believe I have problem with the summarization level here.

Mike:

We are using SAP R/3 enterprise here.W hen I try to extract from BW the error is "No source could be found to answer the search query" and nothing else.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gaurav,

Probably, what you can do, is confirm with COPA functional person whether he kept all the fields in the summarization level, If so , i would advise you to create a new COPA datasource because i think if you have created the copa datasource once you cannot change it.So, try to create a new COPA datasource and see whether it works or not.

Hope it helps....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just tried extracting from the BW side too...gives the same error "No source could be found to answer the search query"

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked with your COPA guys if summarization levels are correctly set up ?

It was the problem for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

which release and plug-in have you got in R/3? please try to load from BW and see what kind of error you have. usually you have more details when you start the loading from the infopackage. the error you mentioned does not really say anything.

BR

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

The CO-PA is fully implemented. I deleted the DS and recreated it again and the same error persists.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do one thing. Try running the extraction from BW. You would have the HOW TO COPA Doc i assume. Follow that, run the extraction. Let us see if the error comes there too.

Meanwhile, is there any more details that u can share on the error??

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all COPA datasource in R/3 RSA3 never gives good simulation results. Yes, but it shouldnt give such errors either.

Is CO-PA fully implemented and active in R/3? Check with the FI/CO consultant in the team.

Also creating a new COPA DS shouldnt be much of a time consuming process. Why dont u just create a new one and check if it is a pain as well?

Regards

prakash