cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMC Database and SIA node recovery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our environment, we have updated OS from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008. Unfortunately we lost CMC Database and also the SIA node is deleted. Please help me to recover the CMC database and SIA node.

My Environment details.

BO : BO 4.0 SP6

Database : MS SQL 2008

Thanks

Vishnu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have already the original platform still running you can just take backup from CMS database and a copy from filestore, for the SIA you can simply create new node with default port number 6400 and 6410.

Regards,

Saloua.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Are you able to SIA in the services? Are you able to see BO services running in the Taskmanager?

Do you have backup of CMS DB and File repositories?

If you have the back up these so we can try to rebuilt your system. otherwise it is not possible to recover.

Note:it is not a best practice to update the Win 2003 to 2008 when application are hosted in the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I am able to see SIA in the services and also able to see CMS.exe in the task manager when i start SIA. But the problem is when i upgraded the OS from 2003 to 2008, in the CMC Database alias table content is deleted, i think due to that i am not able to login to server using administrator user or any other user. Is there any other way to get the alias table content back and i didn't have backup of CMC database.

And l also i would like to know how to take the backup of FRS repositories.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just check with your DB admin for any backups related to your CMS DB?

Without DB Backup we will not be able to restore the BO System back to working.

have look at the below document to have full details.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0020482-ca8d-2c10-9bad-d1bd332bb...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to the BI Platform space. Please post this type of content in this space in the future

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try to recreate the SIA node in the CCM.