cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud connector and XSHTTP Destinations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A rather entry level question. but I didn't see a clear answer anywhere, so here goes. I downloaded and setup the HCP cloud connector on my on premise system. Also I set up resource connections. I read that the next step to connect my XS application on HCP would be to setup XSHTTP destination files to my on premise service (is this wrong?).

Question: Why do I then need the cloud connector and all its setup. Wasnt an XSHTTP Destination setup in my XS application sufficient to access any destination over the internet, so long as it exposed its url?

Is there any other purpose of the cloud connector that is beyond this simple requirement of mine? Is the key Security here?

Nehal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And to answer my own question (courtesy help.hana.ondemand.com)

The Cloud connector runs as on-premise agent in a secured network and acts as a reverse invoke proxy between the on-premise network and SAP HANA Cloud Platform. Due to its reverse invoke support, you don't need to configure the on-premise firewall to allow external access from the cloud to internal systems. The Cloud connector provides fine-grained control over:

• On-premise systems and resources that shall be accessible by cloud applications;
  • Cloud applications that shall make use of the Cloud connector.
MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nehal,

correct. So, as long as you only need to access the internet, an XS destination is sufficient. In case you want to integrate an On-Premise system, you need to use the On-Premise proxy on cloud side (details see again in the documentation ),  which will make use of the SAP cloud connector in the corporate network behind the firewall.

Best regards,

Markus

Answers (0)