Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close BPS-Web-Session via closing the browser

Mathias_24
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we use SEM-BPS (Rel. 3.1B) web-planning-views. If the user navigates away from this page without using the BPS-Buttons or closes the browser via the X-button upper-right the icm-session stays alive at the server and the planning-data is still locked.

Does anyone know how I can cancel the BPS-Session for these cases??

In BW there is an automatic session-handling available. Is there something like this in BPS? Where can I configure it??

Thanks for every hints,

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mathias,

BPS also has a session handling. The lifetime of a session is defined in the server timeout property of the web interface. Default is 20min. Don't set it too low, otherwise the session will timeout when a user takes a coffee break.

On the other hand, typical web applications like online banking timeout after a few minutes as well. But in BPS users might make a lot of changes to the data before saving (i.e. simulations).

Overall, I think it's a training issue. Users have to be reminded that the proper way to close the application is to use the "exit" button.

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG, US BI

Mathias_24
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Marc,

you say that there is a session handling in BPS, too. Is there a way to handle it like in BW or BSP? It's not a satisfying solution that the session is canceled automatically after x minutes.

The session should be canceled when the users navigates away or closes the browser.

Hope for your help!

Regards,

Mathias