cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client side validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the SAP devlivered BSP's if I click on create button then felt like not creating it doesnot allow me to go back or cancel.It keeps on asking me to fill all mandatory fields.Is there any way to avoid this problem??

Regards,

Abdul Raheem .S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Is your issue solved ? I didnt get your last post for delete event ?

Sometimes this popup to enter mandatory fields becomes bugging and you want to get rid of it.

Thanks

Harsh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Good to know we are starting with a seperate PCUI forum.

Let me know if you require any support from my side in this forum.

Also can you pls update me that how can I write a weblog ? I have done development on PCUI Applications & CRM BSP Framework for custom requirements and can write weblog on it.

Thanks

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

In order to stop this, you have to remove the 'Mandatory Field' flag set against the fields in field group of the respective PCUI Application. Once you do this, you will not be asked to fill the required fields. This is the requirement which many clients like and many don't.

You can remove the flag by using either CRM Designer or through IMG activity.

Let me know if incase you find any difficulty in doing so.

Thanks

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig sorry for that.

Harsh,

It is a mandatory field.But Client wants to keep the message.

The requirement is the message has to be displayed only when I save the BP.If I go to other screen without saving it it should allow me to procedd without forcing me to enter the fields.

Example,

I cliekced create button which shown a new line entry after that I decided not to create .As there is no cancel button I will try to click any other button or entry.

Now it forces me to enter the values in mandatory fields.I want to avoid this.Any idea??

Thanks and Regards,

Abdul Raheem .S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can use delete button in that case.Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Abdul Raheem .S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you be a bit more specific about what applications?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create Business partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK look if you want help you got to be a bit more forth coming.

Can you get more specific it will ease the ability of others in the forums to help you out.

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Craig,

I suspect that this is a CRM PCUI application, and that the behaviour described is enforced by the framework. Unfortunately, we have no/little PCUI experts here in this forum to help on this question.

bye, brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Is there any possibility to create another forum with name CRM - PCUI. So that we can discuss this PCUI to death.

Thanks

Murthy

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I have already effectively the "approval" to run with a separate PCUI forum. However, as I would "sponsoring" it, I would like to see that it can reach critical mass quickly. Thus I am now collecting names of people who would be experts to help build a forum. Given me another week or three. Until then, just piggy back on BSP forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brian,

Murthy