Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Administration | SAP R/3 System

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to know in detail what is a Client in SAP system.?

How client works in SAP system.?

Suppose If we have 5 new created clients and 3 default clients-total 8 clients, then how SAP system interprets/differentiate the data between these clients.

Another question is :If a client has 20 GB of memory and we perform Local Client Copy, then the size of the client would be :

A) 20 GB

B) 20+20= 40 GB

C) Any size between 20 to 40 GB

How can we verify the size of a client after Client Copy-Local/Remote Client Copy.?

Please help me to understand about this.?

Regards,

JUNAID AHMAD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Junaid Ahmad,

Please find answers below

How client works in SAP system.?

Suppose If we have 5 new created clients and 3 default clients-total 8 clients, then how SAP system interprets/differentiate the data between these clients.

Answer:

There are 2 things you need to keep in mind when you have multiple clients in your system.
1. Client Dependent config
2 Client independent config
For example you can create HR data in to one of the SAP client but there might be some customization in HR area which can be reflect in all SAP clients you have in system.

Another question is :If a client has 20 GB of memory and we perform Local Client Copy, then the size of the client would be :

A) 20 GB

B) 20+20= 40 GB

C) Any size between 20 to 40 GB

Answer:

You will be any size between 20 to 40 GB because as I mentioned there is come client independent configuration and those are not copying over again for new client

How can we verify the size of a client after Client Copy-Local/Remote Client Copy.?

Answer:

Take a DB size prior client copy and perform client copy ... whatever difference in DB is the size of your client copy. I don't think there is any tool which give you size before you perform copy.

More information : Client Concept

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp3/helpdata/en/4e/c36e34d8f9657fe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Hope answers helps you

Thank you

Yogesh Patel

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Yogesh for the information.

Regards,

JUNAID AHMAD

sriramsbg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid.

You can search in the google you may get lot of link about SAP client copy. Kindly refer the link

https://blogs.sap.com/2012/07/18/client-copy-how-to-for-beginners/

Regards

Sriram