cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking one portal tab displays the iviews from the one next to it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a very strange problem that I believe must be a bug. It only happens occasionally, but we have clicking on one tab and the correct iview is displayed but the other iviews from a tab next to the select tab are appearing. Also the incorrect tab is highlighted.

So Clicking Tab A shows the entry point iview for Tab A but the navigation links to the remaining iviews are for Tab B. Also Tab B is highlighted.

This error is rare and difficult to replicate. I believe the error may be related to our use of the Desktop Filters.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I agree with Tobias, logging off and re-login to the portal should help resolve the issue.

Cheers!

Sandeep Tudumu

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to reproduce this problem. I have had it happen to me twice and some of my users/testers have had it happen a few more times. So we are unable to verify when the problem occurrs except that it is only happening in one Desktop and not the other (yet). Although that desktop is also being tested more right now. It is not the same tabs and on one occassion it happened during our usual lunch period where it is less likely anyone was working on the roles.

In the past I've closed my browser and relogged in to fix it. I will try clearing browser cache next time it happens. Also, I will ask the users/testers to pay attention to any use of the back/forward button or any switching between desktops. If I can replicate the error I can locate the root problem.

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by: Matthew Herbert on Jun 9, 2010 3:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mayank - Do you have the SAP Note Number?

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check the note number - 1423758 . You mentioned that this happens without switching URL's , but the note talks about using the Back Button . Do you mean to say when you login for the first time you get this issue ??

I am not sure if the note will really help .

Also , i dont think this is because of role modification . Clearing your cache , cookies will help you but not in the longer run.

This looks like a bug to me .

Regards

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using EP7 EhP1 SP05.

We don't know the specifics so it has been difficult to search or replicate. It happens when using irj/portal/DeskTopB without jumping between URLs. So far I am unaware of anyone finding the same error using DeskTopA.

I did some searching but It is hard to search when I don't have a clear indication of what is causing the problem. I browsed through the "desktop filter" notes but have been unable to narrow anything down. I thought it might be related to modifications of the roles while users were testing the role but haven't been able to prove it.

I will do some more browsing/testing based on your suggestions.

If anyone can help clarify this issue, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Matt

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I know that in earlier releases this feature didn't work 100%. For instance, I (on SPS 16) was able to switch from desktopA to desktopB and everything worked fine, but when I switched back, the browser loaded some content from the local cache and I got a mixture of both desktops.

Don't know if this is already fixed in EHP1 SP5.

What happens when you clear the browser cache or force a new page load (CTRL + F5) ?

br,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this related to Desktop Filter?

I have not seen this error in the past. But we moved from EP 6 to EP 7 and now we are using a desktop filter. Is this a known issue/bug with SAP?

Thanks for the info!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew ,

I think its a bug with the product , there is also a SAP note available which talks about Desktop Mixing issue .

If you are using a clustered environment , try disabling the caching at the Hardware Balancer level . If its coming on Dev system you can try this once and check , if its coming on Production i would suggest you to check with SAP .

Regards

Mayank

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please explain us what you are doing when you get the error? If you don't provide information, you won't get help or a solution. Give us a little bit more usefull information.

Are you switching the Desktops when the error occurs?

You are on the URL /irj/portal/desktopA and switch to /irj/portal/desktopB when you get the error?

What's your Service Pack? Have you checked all the SAP Notes for your error?

br,

Tobias

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I normally receive this error when I'm logged in the portal and change the roles I'm assigned to and the navigation cache is disabled.

Because the portal loads the navigation only after logon, the actual navigation changes when I'm getting a new role assigned. I cannot see this but when clicking on the link in the TLN the portal already loads the new naviagtion content, but isn't refreshing the TLN iView.

If you receive this behaviour:

1. logoff and on again in your portal

2. check if the navigation cache is disabled or was cleared when this happens

3. check if you received a new role with a TLN entry point or your current TLN was changed.

br,

Tobias