cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class Instantiation Issues...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently having issuses with a Class Interface. Everything was working fine with it, and now it says that the class is 'not instantiated'. If you are in SE80 or SE24 and try to test a class (e.g. CL_HRRCF_APPLICATION_CTRL), you will get a pop-up that allows you to replace generic parameter types. Now with the non-working class, it gives a screen similar to your transport organizer, with the class name at the top with '<not instantiated>' beside it, and a list of methods below it. This Class is being used through the web. Also, in the title bar in 6.40, it says, 'Test Class CL_HRRCF_GLOBAL_CONTEXT: No Instance'.

<phew>... so, has anyone else run into a problem like this, and if not, does this make enough sense? Is there a way of instantiating a Class Interface without calling it from a program, like generation?

Best regards,

Kevin

Message was edited by: Kevin Schmidt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure this problem is related to BSPs. Maybe you should try in the ABAP forum. Did the problem occur after moving from 6.20 to 6.40 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I'm not 100% sure that this is a BSP problem, and we didn't move from 6.20 to 6.40, we just installed a 6.40 system from scratch for development of e-Recruitment.

I'll post something in the ABAP forum.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

I am also working on an eRecruitment 3.0 ramp-up project. What I have found is that most of the classes etc used rely on other classes etc further up the chain, they cannot be tested in isolation. Instead it is normally necessary to set a breakpoint and then log into the eRecruitment Fornt end via a web browser. The class will then be instantiated in the normal process, as you work through the system pages, and called appropriately.

This is a BSP issue. The class in question is a basic building block of the eRecruitment BSP pages.

Regards

Jon Bowes [ Contract Developer ]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jon,

Thanks for the input. I forgot to update this post. I had figured out the problem a while ago.

It's interesting how tightly knit 3.0 is. It's been fun so far.

If you are interested in talking more about 3.0, I can give you an e-mail address to contact me at.

Thanks,

Kevin

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

got a question regarding this eRecruitment (module?) - what exactly is this, where can I find information about it?

my next project will be about introducing a workflow for the management of job applications for our company, and eRecruitment sounds a bit like it deals with this in a certain way

Any reply appreciated

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

could u please send me ur mail id on ssap2sap@gmail.com as i also want to know more about E-Recruitment ans i am also facing the same problem as u were.

Thanks,