cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class CL_RSR_QUERY_VARIABLES does not exit anymore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Class CL_RSR_QUERY_VARIABLES does not exist anymore in NW04s. Does anybody know what is the new class that substitutes it?

Thanks and regards,

Flavia Sanchez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

thanks for your answer.

I am a bit surprised, however, since the approach we used is that recommended in the SAP document - at least it states "Copyright SAP" ;D - "Parallel Execution of BW Queries in ABAP Applications" applicable to "SAP BW 3.5 and higher versions" and "ABAP 4.6 and higher versions", dated Feb. 2nd 2006.

For us the change is not trivial, since the whole concept of the Open Analysis Interface is somewhat complex - at least it seems so to us.

Given above information I would appreciate that you confirm that the current solution - using class CL_RSR_QUERY_VARIABLES - is definitively not possible under NW2004S. I am sorry if I appear to nag a bit, but the proposed change seem to involve quite some effort to implement.

Thank you for your assistance,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

thanks for the hint.

Could you please provide the link to this document. I will try to provide a usable workaround.

Thanks

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

thanks a lot for the link.

You may read the disclaimer:

"This document may discuss sample coding or other information that does not include SAP official interfaces

and therefore is not supported by SAP. Changes made based on this information are not supported and can

be overwritten during an upgrade."

This happened now. The classes used in this SDN paper are not longer available.

Please use the official interfaces.

Best,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, thanks for the feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

you can try to use the WebService QUERY_VIEW_DATA. Due to the fact, the ABAP WebService runtime is not released yet a workaround could be to use the function module: RRW3_GET_QUERY_VIEW_DATA.

This could help until the WebSerice runtime is available.

Best,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Flavia Sanchez,

why did you use this class? What is the business case behind?

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I am the guy responsible for this development.

The class is used in a function module to execute a BW Query and return a xml string within a BSP application. The result table of the query is used within the BSP application logic to fill the graphical presentation layer that consitutes the front end of the BSP application.

Here is the statement within the FM where the class is used:

DATA: wf_query_var TYPE REF TO cl_rsr_query_variables .

Here is the call to the FM within the BSP application (Even Handler: OnInputProcessing):

CALL FUNCTION 'Z_RMZ_BW_SEM_NGRM_EXE_QRY'

EXPORTING

QUERY_NAME = rpt_tech_id

IMPORTING

XML_OUT = xml_out

REF_RESULT_TAB = res_tab

TABLES

QUERY_VARIABLES = var

RETURN = breturn

META = meta

EXCEPTIONS

BAD_VALUE_COMBINATION = 1

USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED = 2

UNKNOWN_ERROR = 3

QUERY_NOT_FOUND = 4

OTHERS = 5.

If this class does not exist with this name in NW then I assume it must exist as another object since this is THE class for programming with query variables.

Thanks for your support.

Greetings,

Martin

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is your function module based on the weblogs titled <a href="https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/2772">Execute BW query using ABAP</a>

if so within your FM instead of using cl_rsr_request &

cl_rsr_data_set classes to execute the query simply use FM RRW3_GET_QUERY_VIEW_DATA to execute the query and get the data. Using the returned data of this FM (AXIS DATA, CELL DATA, etc) you can still use the old logic in your FM to transform this to a 2 dimensional data.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please use the released OLAP Bapi's. The class and the function module mentioned by Raja are not released for the customer and can be removed by SAP without any note.

Kind regards

Michael

ps. please have a look into the online documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/64/9b8f3c855f0454e10000000a11405a/content.htm