cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing SAP roles to be imported in CMC (BO XI 3.1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I was following Ingo instruction to configure SAP Authentication in BO XI 3.1. CMC

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2008/09/19/businessobjects-and-sap--configure-sap-authentication

(by the way, really useful information here!)

and I have a couple of questions:

1. Which roles do I need to import (in order to create connection between SAP BW and Crystal Reports 2008)? I've a lot of them (boe_sec_basic, boe_content_publishers....), is there any guide available about them?

I'm working on BO XI 3.1 and SAP BW

2. What if I select all of the available roles? Could anything go wrong?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you want to make sure you import those roles from your SAP system that will cover all the user that you want the provide access to the BusinessObjects system.

if you would select all roles you would basically provide all your users access to the system. There is nothing wrong with it - you just need to make sure to setup the security in the BusinessObjects system proper so that people only see BusinessObjects reports that they should see.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

So far I have imported only 4 roles:

BOE_CONTENT_PUBLISHERS

BOE_SEC_BASIC

CRYSTAL_ENTITLEMENT_ROLE

SAP_BW_ALL

(I have followed a guide for installing SAP Integration kit for BusinessObjects XI/R2 and add the SAP_BW_ALL)

and now I'm able to create Crystal reports on SAP Bex queries, but I'd like to understand which grants/permissions are enabled by each SAP role. Any useful link?

Thanks a lot!

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in BusinessObjects you still would have to assign the rights for the user in your BusinessObjects system.

The groups will be part of the group Everyone by default but the other rights have to be configured in your Businessobjects system

Ingo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I know you have users, groups and so on in Business Objects ... but I was referring to SAP Roles that (if imported in Business Objects) enable you to perform some actions in SAP Environment (such as view / save BEx queries....)

I'd like to find sone guide giving me a brief descriptions about each of them.

Thanks

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the would be something you have to check on the SAP documentation.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

I will look at it, spending more time than I've spent so far.

At a first glance I counld't find the information I was looking for