cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing infoobjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to load data from a flatfile. i have distributors', resellers' information and some key figures in my file. The idea is to find out relevant SAP defined objects. The functional team says it is business partner. On further information they say that based on the business partner type they would be able to differentiate between a distri and a reseller. I am not clear like what infoobjects i need to use for these two. My question is how can one infoobj(Bus Partn) be used for both in my data modeling. Please advice me on what to use or how to go about this problem.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

centrino , this depends on the data you have. If you have all distributors , resellers together and also any other field that will help you distinguish between the three like Customers will have say status as 1 , resellers as status 2 or someting like that then you can use the same in object otherwise it is better to use different infoobjects.

Arun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

welcome on board!

You can use the same masterdata object if, besides your IDs (especially if these are the same and shared!), you create and load an attribute in which you have to say: if D is distributor and if R is a reseller...

Otherwise you can also create 2 distinct IOs...

As you prefer (and as yoo need on the basis of your datamodeling requirements!)

Hope it helps!

(and reward the answers if you want...)

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. In my flat file i have disid (with name, address as its attributes), similarly i have for my reseller id which i didn't mention in my before post. Now

how will i create an attribute for 0bpartner that will distinguish between a distri and a reseller. Sorry Roberto, i am getting a bit confused here. Could you ellaborate with some eg infoobjects.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi arun/roberto/bhanu

could u ellaborate more on this topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help me with a solution for this.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear!

Sorry for the delay!

If you want to manage your masterdata info in only one IO (like the std one 0BPARTNER or even a custom one) you have to know the difference between RES and DIS records first of all from a 'functional' point of view and then to set it (technically speaking) in a field (attribute) of your object !

That is, in your file (if you have to manage in only one file this type of info!) you need to already have an additional field (let me say, a char field, lenght 1) in which you have 'R' or 'D' to distinguish later the different nature of your ID...

Hope now is clearer...

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks roberto. I have assigned pts to u and i am clear now with this concept now.

Thanks.