cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check List - Setup Table - Application Comp 04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to Load the setup table for the application component 04 (Production)and DS are

2LIS_04_P_MATNR

2LIS_04_P_ARBPL

2LIS_04_P_COMP.

Is there any setting I need to do before running the setup table.

Do I need to lock the user while runing the setup table.

Need your expertise advise.

Thanks & Regards

Srini

Accenture, Singapore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

generally speaking, unless you're using non-cumulative keyfigures, you could get away with not locking your users in the system by sending out a delta init request for their respective infopackages, with early delta init, and no data transfer. once there, execute the setup table population, and then load them in afterwards as a full request, flagged as a repair full request.

you could also use tcode RSADMIN in BW to turn your user into a debugging user, and then in the infopackage, there should be a flag in one of the tabs that say, transfer data immediately - you should untick this. make sure your timeout time (located at the top menu, first menu item) is set to a long time (20 days?) then send out a delta init request with early delta init. then in R/3, you execute the setup table population. after population, go to BD87 and process the IDOC number that was created by this request.

hope this helps - don't forget to award some points around.

ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Thanks very much for the information.

Regards

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regardless of data source, an INIT almost always requires no ongoing postings in R/3. You need to lock the users to ensure accurate data extraction.

If you cannot afford a long downtime, you can always use a technique we have used and is proven to be very effective

1.) We made our user as DEBUGGING User in BW->RSADMIN.

2.) We requested an INIT Request.

3.) We performed FLASH COPY (System Mirror to other Server) and locked R/3 Users.

4.) We connected BW to Flash Copy

5.) We invoked DELTA Collection Process in R/3

6.) Users can now use R/3

7.) We triggered IDOCS in R/3 Flash Copy->BD87

8.) After the processing, we conected BW to live R/3 again and request for DELTA Update.

There is a complete document about this title - "<i>How to reduce Downtime during DELTA Init</i>"...Please search for it here in SDN.

Hope I have helped. If I did, please grant points...

--Jkyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jkyle Landicho,

Thanks very much for the information.

Regards

Srini.