cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic restriction on a query which is on multiprovider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made a query on a multiprovider and have put a characteristic restriction.

This restriction does not restrict to a set of values as it does when the query is on a cube and not a multiprovider.

Is there a way out to achieve the above even if the query is on the multiprovider?

Please advice.

Regards,

Bhushan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually my specific question is as follows:

When the query is on a cube, I put a characteristic restriction on IND_CODE2 and it shows 10 values in the selection list.

But when the query is on the multiprovider, characteristic restriction on IND_CODE2 shows like 100 values.

I just need to restrict it to the 10 values like in the first case.

Any workaround possibel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is you multiprovider is based on this single cube or multiple, infosets and InfoObjects...if it is based upon multiple objects then check acordingly..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your MP only on one cube or multiple infoproviders? It seems that other values are coming from other Infoproviders of the Multiprovider.

Navesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

I think your multiprovider is built on more than one cube. Please try with the keyfigure assignments from only the cube which you required. so that you will get your required output.

Regards,

Siva A

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can handle this in Query designer. Restrict the Info provider from your query. Open your query in query designer--> right click on key figure and click on restrict --> choose Info provider from under Data package --> Drag info provider to restriction area --> right click on info provider --> restrict your particular cube. This may resolve your Issue

raghu_ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

Please check the below help file for your query. Using the guide I think you can able to create queries on a MultiProvider.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b03b7f4c-c270-2910-a8b8-91e0f6d77...

Regards,

Raghu