cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

characteristic removed from infoprovider unable to delete variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Initially, i have a characteristic in an infoprovider used for reporting.

There is exit variable created on it.

Next, I removed the characteristic from the infoprovider.

When i edit the query, and try to remove the variable, it some how says its still being used.

I checked and could not find where else its used.

By accident, I removed the characteristic ,which is already invalid, from the query definition before i could delete the variable.

Now, i am unable to delete the variable belonging to this removed characteristic.

Is there another way to remove the variable as I wish to use the same exit variable name for another characteristic.

Please advise. Thanks.

regards

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gunesbt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Riyez propose, you can delete the variable in query designer under dimension-->related characteristic.However, if still it is not deleted, then select the varaible and click where-used icon in the top pane.Then you can see where else it is used.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to delete that variable completely then you can directly go to the table which actually stores all the variable and delete it from there.

SE11--RSZGLOBV-Give the variable name which you want to delete and then delete it from the table.

This table will also give you the corresponding infoobject on which that particular variable was created.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear AL

I deleted the entries from the table.

But another problem arised.

The variable is still not creatable.

Error message in query designer:

Errors: Components zvariable (version A) has no Infocube assignment (E097(R9))

I suspect the system still detects an active version existing? I deleted both M and A versions from the table.

Thanks.

regards

Pascal

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this thread i dont have system to analyze this issue.

Also try searching some note on the same.

Hope it resolve your issues.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear AL

I ran the program to check only the RSZGLOBV but no error reported on the characteristic which is based on an infoset.

regards

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the variable is created on the char, and you are removed it from the query (i.e. from rows), then it is available in the provider pane, go to the particular dimensions and select the char and expand it , here it will display the variables whatever you created on top of that char. You can delete it, so that it permanently deleted.

Hope it helps you.

Thanks

Riyez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understand your question properly if the char has removed from your query the varible automatically deleted ,try to log out system and relogin to the system.

Regards

sivaraju