cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic not visible in tree?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

why is it that some times infoobjects are not visible in the tree under the InfoObjects tree in the modeling tab-strib?

None of the characteristics on this system are available, but I can find the infoobjects from transaction RSD1?

I have installed cubes with all before in dataflow and thereby also the infoobjects and the infoareas from business content, but they don't show up in the tree when I switch to modeling.

I can create an InfoObjectCatalog and add the infoobjects, but I would have expected the infoobjects to be available without this manual step.

Have I overlooked something obvious?

Regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

If you create a $TMP object under a Transportable InfoArea, you will face this problem. Now the only way to reach it is RSD1, assign proper Transport Package to see in under the correct tree.

Regards,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Sree,

If an InfoObject can be seen in RSD1 other than the InfoObjects folder, then you answered

"If you create a $TMP object under a Transportable InfoArea, you will face this problem. Now the only way to reach it is RSD1, assign proper Transport Package to see in under the correct tree."

Could you elaborate it on how to do this step by step? You mean to reassing the InfoArea to a transportable package, but how? I've encountered the same problem.

Thanks in advance!

Message was edited by: Kevin Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

In RSD1, choose your IO. Menu option Extras/Object directory entry/Infoobject. Click on a pencil and change the package.

Best regards,

Eugene

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the info-objects are created from RSD1 then they created under unassigned nodes only.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am <b>sure</b> they weren't there a moment ago. I have tried to search them several times.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

/Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frier,

They get created under the "unassigned node".

Bye

Dinesh