cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic infoobject

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i change the existing master data characteristic which is used in many queries,cubes,ods,workbooks etc. any precautions i have to take ?

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

What are you changing:

1.The datatype of the characteristic - you may need to delete the data from all the Info-providers where it is used.

2. Increasing the length but datatype is same - There is no impact you can change it.

3. Adding new attributes - There is no impact you can change it.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am giving alpha conversion exit for the infoobject. So what precautions i have to take and how ?

thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

How r u ?

U might get some data load errors because of the Alpha Conforming Values. Normally if we get this error we will remove this ALPHA entry.

Best Regards....

Sankar Kumar

+91 98403 47141

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to change the transfer rules and check the box for conversion exit in the transfer rule and activate it.

Also check if there is a need to delete your old data in the cube or not.

Thx,

Soumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when i am giving the conversion exit to the infoobject and syntax check i am getting the foll errors:

1)InfoObject (or ref.) is used in data targets with data -> Error:

2)InfoObject still used in ODS object ZODSPAO (contains data)

3)InfoObject still used in ODS object ZODSSOAP (contains dat)

3)InfoObject still used in ODS object ZODSDDEP (contains data)

4)InfoObject still used in ODS object ZODSAPP(contains data)

5)Master Data Table /BI0/P contains data: Characteristic cannot be activated

6)SID Table /BI0/S contains data: Characteristic cannot be activated

7)Text Table /BI0/T contains data: Characteristic cannot be activated.

So how should i proceed ?

thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

You should delete the Data for the InfoObject before doing the modification.

SID Table /BIC/SSRPID contains data: Characteristic SRPID cannot be activated

Message no. R7467

Diagnosis

The SID Table /BIC/SSRPID must be converted incompatibly with an activation of characteristic SRPID (changes to the key in the table). Table /BIC/SSRPID contains data. Parts of this data were lost in the conversion.

System response

Characteristic SRPID cannot be activated.

Procedure

Undo the changes that led to the incompatible conversion (the changes in the key) or <b>delete all data from table /BIC/SSRPID.</b>

Sankar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

There is no need to change anything if you are just intoducing the alpha conversion exit. Go ahead and change.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The main precautions:

- Do not change navigational attributes to display ones (and vise versa).

- Do not introduce or remove time-dependency of attributes.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene

what happens if we change the navigational attributes to display

or introuduce time dependency of attributes

plz explain its effects

thanks and regards

H.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi H.B,

Infoobject with nav attribute (comparing with display attribute) has additional X (or Y in case of time-depndency) table.

In case of time-dependency - additional Y and/or Q tables.

If you remove time-dependency and switch off navigational attribute, the system should delete these additional tables. And if master data are loaded already, it is not possible. Such changing of infoobject, most likely, will not allow the IO get activated and may cause appearance of a lot of inactive linked infoobjects.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change master data object and activate those changes without deleting the data .

After Master data changes u need to Run Attribute change run which r available for Reporting.. Goto RSA1->Tools->Attribute/Hierarchy Change run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What change you mean? If you r changing any thing like length or...you need to delete the data in the data and make changes. Its impact on queries and workbooks is minimal. It will prompt a repair alert in queries if needed. Changing the infoobject without deleting data may lead to inconsistencies.

Hope this helps you...

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no it will not affect your exiting queries,workbooks,cube...etc...you need to actiavate the master data affter changing to make it available for reporting.