cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Char values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

i have a KF in which i am storing the difference between the creation date of a record and the system date. This is in overwrite mode in the DSO. now when i am passing these values to the cube i am tranfering them to a char as well. So the char will store the value of this everyday.so for eg if the record is open for 4 days the char will store it as 4 records.

Now my ques is

I need to use this char in reporting to create restricted kf with it. So if i want to report on number of records which were open 0-4 days. will this char work if i restrict it like this

KF

Total Number of records

char

0-4days.

Will this restricted kf give me the number of records which were open 0-4 days.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graeme,

I don't think this logic would work. The other way around I would suggest is to have a Query where U restrict the output of a query depending on 0CALDAY Field. Define a Range Restriction on 0CALDAY. Again create a Formula, which calculates the number of records for the occurence of that keyfigure.

U can do that in the Calculation Tab of the Formula, over there select the Counter for all detailed values that are not Zero, Null for the overall result.

Hope this should give U the desired result.

Regards,

Syed.